What is refreshing about the Indie is how it seeks to create a niche for itself through bold styling, and versatility.
River Indie Pros
- Very distinct styling that makes the Indie immediately stand out in a vast sea of two-wheelers
- Lots of customization possible through accessories, making the scooter very versatile in terms of applications and user profile
- 3 Riding Modes with varying power delivery and range allow for flexibility of use
- Motor produces 9 BHP and 26 Nm of torque. Riding in Rush mode is tremendous fun!
- 4 kWh battery gives the e-scooter a realistic range of ~120 km in Eco mode which is generous for bumper-to-bumper traffic
- Ample storage space and then some more! 43 litres of under-seat storage capacity, 12 litres of glovebox space, and more on the floorboard / storage hook
- The bike feels sturdy and easy to maneuver. Wide seat, extended front footrests and ample leg / knee room make for comfortable ergonomics
River Indie Cons
- We expected more aggressive pricing, relative to the entrenched players. Furthermore, the pre-launch price tag of 1.25 lakhs will be increased soon
- Missing features like phone pairing (music, calls), turn-by-turn navigation, ABS. Also, a very basic MID display
- Fit and finish could be better. A few plastic panels and body parts feel extremely flimsy
- Several features such as fast charging, connectivity features, and Accessories are still under development
- With a dealer and service centre network yet to be set up, buying and servicing experience are unknown. Additionally, expect sales outside Bangalore / Karnataka only in the next fiscal year
- This being a new product from a new company, the long-term ownership experience is unknown
Read Team-BHP’s detailed River Indie Electric Scooter Review.
Source: Read Full Article