Tata Nexon EV Max: 13 reasons why I am regretting my purchase
My 15+ year old SX4 puts the Nexon EV Max to shame in terms of quality, fit and finish.
BHPian Sandegov recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Got my Max late last year and the issues you have highlighted are sadly the new norm of TATA cars, had the exact same issues on my car. And this is only the start for you, wait till you go through the actual payment-delivery and then experience their service centers. All the best.
Issues in my car:
- Lots of large dust speckles/bumps embedded in the paint through out the car.
- Paint chips with visible metal on inside part of doors.
- Small pinhole like dents
- Poor finish on the rubber seal/beadings
- Speedometer console parts and gaps are pathetic
- Roof liner at the edge where it meets the windshield looks like was cut by hand and the finish is very poor.
- The end of the dash where it meets the windshield is left loose and hanging
- The plastic cuts on AC vents on dash have rough edges, looks more like some cheap toy part.
- The floor liner is all over the place – at no place is it flush to floor and is like have a loose carpet under your feet all the time.
- The roof has a lot of flex at the back/center and it goes in and out with a sound
- The roof panel around the sunroof is wavy and finished poorly.
- The roof rail ends do not sit flush and have a lot of play
- The grey/dark wraps on the A,C pillars had bubbles and the ends are poorly finished.
After some point I just stopped observing things in my Max, now I just blindly get into the car and and use it. My 15+ year old SX4 puts the Max to shame in terms of quality, fit and finish.
I don’t want to sound too pessimistic or play spoilsport to you, I just want to let folks know what to expect from TATA in terms of fit and finish. Whatever I have shared is from my personal experience of owning the Max and also closely observing the display cars in the showroom post finding the issues in my car.
Never a TATA in my household again.
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article