Considering the baby Merc sold in good numbers, you can easily find a clean example in major cities. If you want peace of the mind, you can opt for Mercedes certified cars at authorised dealers.
Mercedes really hit it out of the park with this generation of the C-Class. It looks absolutely stunning & has a stylish cabin too. No longer is this an “entry level” Mercedes. The W205 C-Class might be small, but it is a proper luxury car. Bonus = It also looks rather similar to the S-Class from some angles & is a model currently on sale. We feel this is the perfect “first Mercedes” for anyone.
• Admit it, the lure of the 3-pointed star is something else
• Stylish design (baby S looks) that you can stare at & admire all day
• Solid build quality & 5-star safety rating :thumbs up
• Classy cabin with top quality materials
• Fantastic range of diesel & petrol engines. Fast, with good driveability
• Smooth, competent & quick AT gearboxes (9G-Tronic is fabulous)
• C300d’s 0-100 km/h time is 5.9 seconds, that’s 530d territory
• Enjoyable RWD road manners, very stable at high speeds & nice steering. Strong brakes too
• Loads of technology & features (including a panoramic sunroof, auto-parking…)
• A model that’s currently on sale. We also feel this generation will age very well
• Limited rear seat space. Outdone by cars costing 1/3rd the money
• Boot space is small, especially with that spare wheel on the floor!
• Firm ride quality. Bad roads will bother you
• Long-term reliability is patchy (although no longer a deal breaker)
• Some later models are powered by a small 1.5L petrol with hybrid tech
• You need a good independent mechanic to maintain one (authorised workshops are too pricey)
• Expensive spare parts, as is the case with all luxury cars
• Pricey! Some examples hold their value well
• akunchala’s C300d AMG Line
• TheGearBox’s Mercedes C200
• sgm’s C220d
• redindian’s C-Class Avantgarde
• W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class
• Mercedes C-Class vs BMW 3-Series
Enormous! You can go as far as your bank balance will allow you to, as this is a very popular model in USA & Europe. Body kits, engine remaps, bigger turbos, sportier suspensions etc. available in plenty.
Considering the baby Merc sold in good numbers, you can easily find a clean example in major cities. If you want peace of the mind, you can opt for Mercedes certified cars at authorised dealers. Check out some of the cars on sale here.
Click here to read BHPian comments!
Source: Read Full Article