The main reason for upgrade was that I was doing a lot of off-road trails recently and the stock tyres were constantly failing in slush.
BHPian MithunSathianat recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
New shoes! My mind was constantly poking me to do this mod.
The main reason was that I was doing a lot of off-road trails recently and the stock tyres were constantly failing in slush. Rest all areas stock tyres were sufficient.
For now, I chose the 8J 16 inch steel wheels and 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorn MT Tyres.
This is slightly a negative offset set up with slight gain in diameter and width. Decided to go with this considering serious off-roading. With this upgrade, there is a minor change in gearing.
Weight of the new tyre and alloy combined is 38kgs.
Below are my observations after this upgrade.
- Better off-road capability especially in slush.
- Butch looks.
- At slow speeds, ride felt more compliant.
- Braking is slightly impacted due to the extra weight.
- Turning radius has increased.
- Tyres rubbing against stock bumper. Inside of bumper needs lot of trimming. For me, more than bumper its rubbing with my projector fog lamps. For time being, I have taken out the fog’s. Will be finding a solution for this. If any suggestions, please let me know.
- High speed may be impacted. I don’t usually go above 90-100 kmph so this is not tested as of now.
Adding few pics here:
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article