My money is still lying with Wasan Motors and I have no booking.
BHPian jalsa777 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I was excited about the Tiago EV and wanted to ensure that, if i like the car on a test drive, I get the car quick and at the introductory price. To this end, I sat on my computer on the day bookings open; ready to book one as fast as possible. This excitement died very quickly and now I’m stuck with money deducted and no booking. I’ll briefly write down my experience here.
- 10 Oct 12.00pm: I was ready just before 12pm to make this booking. At sharp 12, I open the booking site and nothing really works. I keep trying and hit multiple points of failure (these are well documented by me and others above in this thread).
- 10 Oct 12.36pm: I finally get through to the payment page, make a payment of ₹ 21,000 and I’m happy thinking that I’ll be ahead in the queue and should get my car early.
- 10 Oct later in the day: I have got a payment confirmation email from RazorPay (their payment gateway | Screenshot below) and my bank and that’s it. No other email/SMS from Tata Motors. Eventually, I write an email to [email protected] about my booking in the afternoon. Later that day, Tata Motors releases a statement that they had issues with the booking portal and request affected customers to write an email to the same ID.
- 11 Oct: I wait for 24 hours and get no response on email and hence tweet to @tatamotorsev.
- 12 Oct: I get a response on twitter that they will look into it.
- 14 Oct: Get a call and email from Wasan motors Borivali that tata has forwarded my complaint to them and that they have no booking information. They will look into it. This was in response to my email complaint.
- A few days later: Get a call from Wasan Motors Chembur that they have the amount in their bank, but there is no booking information from Tata and hence they request me to share my details to enable them to make a fresh booking. On 27th October i get an email from them stating the same.
Now, obviously my hopes of being in front of the queue are dashed. They can’t even confirm if I’ll be one of the first 10,000 or even 20,000 customers. I could have just given in and asked them to make a fresh booking, but I felt like a fool wasting my time at 12pm on the first day to make this happen. I would have been better off booking at 2pm and everything would have worked smoothly.
I wanted to ensure that someone higher up in Tata motors takes cognizance of the issues that the most enthusiastic customers are facing. I hoped that maybe they make a special case of such situations.
To this end, i asked the Wasan motors representative to give me in writing the following before i could approve a fresh booking:
I know very well that Wasan cannot issue such a letter without going to Tata Motors and that someone at a decision-making position at Tata Motors will have to sign it off. I want this to happen because many a times the higher ups have no clue what’s actually going on at the bottom.
It’s been a month and I still haven’t got this letter. My money is still lying with Wasan Motors and I have no booking. I’m unsure of what decision i will take on this matter now. Just sharing here for everyone’s benefit and hoping that someone takes notice.
Screenshot of the Payment email from Razorpay
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article