When I booked the Glanza, I was “promised” the delivery of the car within a fortnight.
BHPian KadiNiSikhiya recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I planned on buying my first car this year. Earlier I booked the XUV700 but later cancelled it due to upcoming relocation. To keep the footprint “small”, I opted for Toyota Glanza. I booked it on 11th July and the SA “promised” to get it delivered within a fortnight because as per him there was a new lot coming in on 18th, and he would ensure my car is in that.
Cut to the 18th and he begins dodging my calls. I call another SA, who is in a different city, and he tells me that my vehicle won’t be delivered anytime soon, probably next month. And as to when, even he cannot say anything about it.
So, I contacted Toyota CC and raised a ticket. They did listen to my issue but insisted on me filing it as a request and not a complaint. Meanwhile, the local ASM calls me to inquire about the issue and “promises” an early delivery, but still fails to give me any date for it.
In the previous case, Mahindra gave a tentative delivery window and the vehicle was ready for delivery even before that. Here it’s Toyota, supposedly a much bigger entity than M&M, yet their practices are even worse.
This weekend, I have been contemplating cancelling this booking too, but I’m stuck because I do want this vehicle and secondly, all the Toyota outlets in my 80 KM radius belong to the same “Globe” group.
Please tell me how should I navigate this mess.
Here’s what BHPian itsmeparvathy9 had to say about the matter:
Did you get a booking docket or confirmation in your email? If yes, it is supposed to have a tentative delivery date, if not, forward the mail to Toyota or their dealership and ask for the delivery date. They should reply with an answer as it is a written request.
Moreover, Glanza’s waiting periods have been on the rise with up to 4 months waiting period in some states. This may be the issue due to which your delivery is delayed.
If you are unwilling to wait any longer, I suggest you cancel your booking and go for the equivalent Baleno model. Maruti has many dealers, so you could get your car quicker if one or the other has them in stock.
Note: Cancel your booking only if Toyota or the dealership don’t give you a satisfactory reply and after finding a dealer willing to offer a Baleno at short notice.
Here’s what BHPian Floyd de Souza had to say about the matter:
Considering they promised delivery in a fortnight, I would wait for 10 days and if there is no information or they are dodging, then cancel the booking and book Baleno which is basically the same car.
Here’s what BHPian ajayc123 had to say about the matter:
You could try informing the salesperson that you are flexible about the colour and variants, asking him to check if something can be offered.
Based on the response, you could get a view on the supply situation and take an informed decision to pursue or drop the booking.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article