The panoramic sunroof is expansive and great. The Atto 3 is loaded with comfort features.
BHPian evolvo recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I visited the BYD showroom today and checked out the Grey color Atto 3 they had on display. I must say the car is quite a stunner from the outside, as expected. And to my surprise, I did not find the (quirky) interior too bad either, like I had anticipated. Its just… you know… ‘different’.
- Good aerodynamic design.
- Good sound system.
- Great screen (cannot be tilted towards driver though).
- Comfy Seats.
- Rear leg room is good (+flat floor as it is an EV first design).
- Panoramic sunroof is expansive and great.
- The four colour choices are fantastic.
- Loaded with Safety Tech (with 5* NCAP test rating).
- Loaded with Comfort Features.
- Suggested WLTP Range of 420 km is great, and going by the rave reviews for the BYD E6 real-world range, I’m sure the Atto 3 will perform well too.
- Quirky interiors (most of which is unnecessary and could have been avoided) and hefty centre console area (gear shift, buttons, etc).
- Access to rear seat is a bit narrow so ingress/egress for elders could be a slight issue
- Centre screen cannot be tilted towards driver, hampering readability.
- Under thigh support could be bit better, but I assume all EVs will have this issue due to battery placement in floor (which results in less seat-to-floor height).
- Messy bonnet compartment (just like MG ZS EV, with lots of wires, parts and wasted space) – they could have easily made a small frunk (which would have also kept it tidy).
- The showroom was buzzing with customers – surely looks like a winner!
So if they price this sanely (30 lakhs), it could be a segment bestseller within no time – owing to a combination of great looks, great performance(0-100 in 7.3 secs), great real-range(WLTP 420), great safety (NCAP 5*) and great warranty package …hard to top these many!
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article