I didn’t get a traffic challan throughout 2022. I’ll make sure I repeat this performance in 2023.
BHPian Aditya recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
The year 2023 has begun. Like we did last year, let’s talk about our resolutions regarding the automotive world and what car plans we have for the year. What are the targets we want to achieve or the bad habits that we want to get rid of?
Here are mine.
- I’m going to get the car back in shape. Over 2022, I’ve had very little time to give my Corolla some TLC. It looks like it’s back from a war zone at the moment.
- I will honk only when absolutely necessary. There’s already a lot of noise out there. I don’t use the horn much and I plan to reduce the use further.
- I will be sure that everyone in the car belts up. Till now I have been lenient with the rear seat occupants. No more of that.
- I didn’t get a traffic challan throughout 2022. I’ll make sure I repeat this performance in 2023.
To bring some balance here, I have to do something crazy as well. So,
- I’m going to get myself a fixed-gear bike and attempt some crazy climbs.
Here’s what GTO had to say about the matter:
We bought a new car in 2021 & then one in 2022. So no new cars for a while. Going to enjoy our existing garage.
- Teaching my brother’s wife driving and making her an expert. She has just started driving lessons on a City MT.
- Modifying the Thar some more. I think we have already fitted like 20 after-market parts in it.
- More road trips.
- More Team-BHP Food Donation Drives.
Here’s what BHPian SoumenD had to say about the matter:
- I will make sure my better half gains confidence in driving and starts using the car for office commutes.
- Will get back to motor-biking this year and do at least a couple of highway trips.
- Will try to keep calm while driving (I know fellow road users won’t change), no matter how tricky the situation gets in our hooligan traffic.
- Have never got a challan in my decade of driving and will strive to keep that streak
Wish fellow BHPians a very happy 2023.
Here’s what BHPian GForceEnjoyer had to say about the matter:
A very happy new year 2023 to everyone! Here’s to a fantastic year ahead.
For me personally, here they are:
- Continue being safe (always wearing a seat belt, adjusting headrests properly while encouraging others to do the same, etc.) and set a good example for others whenever needed.
- Learn some basics about DIY maintenance.
- Continue acquiring knowledge about cars in general.
Here’s the list we have for both the cars in our garage, pretty simple:
- Get PPF for our Superb (currently being finished off ).
- Trace and fix a strange squeaking sound in our Fiesta.
- Go on a ton of fun drives in both our cars.
- Continue maintaining both cars in tip-top condition.
Not really a comprehensive list. However, everything can basically be summarised as: have as good a time as possible, appreciate and thoroughly care for these beautiful machines and be safe at the same time.
Here’s what BHPian Swaminathan had to say about the matter:
I drove 25000 kms in 2022 (XUV500) and started motorcycling (CBR300R) again (1500 kms 2022)
- planning a drive to North East from Bangalore
- planning 4 to 5 hours ride every weekend on my motorcycle
- And 2500 kms of running to keep my weight under control
And more importantly, keep cool with the Traffic in Bangalore.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article