The all-new Safari is available in 6 variants. The Adventure Persona trim is available in the top-spec XZ+ variant.
Tata Motors has launched the all-new Safari in the Indian market. The SUV is available in 6 variants – XE, XM, XT, XT+, XZ and XZ+. Introductory prices start at Rs. 14.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The new Safari is based on the OMEGARC platform that is shared with the Harrier. It features Tata’s latest Impact 2.0 design philosophy. While the front fascia is identical to the Harrier, it gets a chrome grille and a unique rear end with slim tail lamp clusters.
The Safari is available in 6 and 7-seat configurations, with the former getting separate captain seats for the second row. The SUV gets Oyster White seat upholstery and Ashwood trim on the dashboard.
Safari Adventure Persona
The top-spec XZ+ variant comes in “Adventure Persona” trim. It is finished in a unique shade called Tropical Mist with a piano black grille and exterior trim. It comes with Charcoal Grey alloy wheels. On the inside, it gets Earthy Brown upholstery and dark chrome trim with piano black surfaces.
Tata Safari feature highlights:
- 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- JBL audio system with up to 9 speakers
- Automatic climate control
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Panoramic sunroof
- Ambient lighting
- Automatic headlamps
- Rain sensing wipers
- Boss Mode – increases second-row legroom
- iRA Connected Car tech – remote commands, vehicle security features, location based services, gamification, Over-the-Air updates, Live Vehicle Diagnosis.
The new Safari is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 170 BHP and 350 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission. It has three drive modes – Eco, Sport and City. The car also gets Terrain Response modes – Normal, Wet and Rough.
Tata Safari safety features:
- Dual front airbags, curtain & side airbags
- Hill Hold Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Roll Over Mitigation
- Disc brakes on all four wheels with ABS.
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Tata Safari ex-showroom prices:
- XE – Rs. 14.69 lakh
- XM – Rs. 16.00 lakh
- XM AT – Rs. 17.25 lakh
- XT – Rs. 17.45 lakh
- XT+ – Rs. 18.25 lakh
- XZ – Rs. 19.15 lakh
- XZ AT – Rs. 20.40 lakh
- XZ+ (6/7 Seater) – Rs. 19.99 lakh
- XZ+ AT (6/7 Seater) – Rs. 21.25 lakh
- XZ+ Adventure Persona (6/7 Seater) – Rs. 20.20 lakh
- XZ+ AT Adventure Persona (6/7 Seater) – Rs. 21.45 lakh
Source: Read Full Article