A Duster owner upgrades to the Hycross Hybrid: 9 likes & 8 dislikes
Ingress and egress is a little difficult for elders in the middle row.
BHPian pradeepkm recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Got the delivery of VX Hycross AGH BLCK 3 days back. Nandi Toyota Bangalore was a pleasant experience for me. Had booked just few days after the launch and they promptly called me after the price announce. Covered around 100 Km in the city and it is a huge shift for me from Duster to some thing gigantic of the size of Hycross.
My observations (Mostly in comparison to the Duster I own)
- Very silent cabin even when the engine is running
- Punchy engine- I miss the torque of Duster Diesel engine, still it is a good drive with the eCVT
- No Head nod( have driven AMTs a lot) while shifting gears. (Auto)
- Very smooth transmission.
- Great road presence.
- I like the VX seats compared to the Leather ones in ZX.
- Plenty of space everywhere
- Flat bed rear floor is a boon.
- Good year tyres. No major issues with the ride quality.
- No steering feedback compared to what I experience in Duster.
- No magic carpet suspension like Duster. Still holds good.
- 2nd row seats have undulations/body roll compared to Duster.
- Plastic quality, lack of curtain airbags, screen size (as every review says).
- Very flimsy tea tray/bottle tray between middle row seats.
- Little difficult for elders to get in to middle row (My mother’s experience)
- Cheap looking ambient light and color.
- No LED reading lights. All halogen
Overall , I felt it is a quite a big upgrade for me; moving to Hycross. – Small SUV – Duster to a people mover – Hycross!
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article