The best fuel efficiency I could extract on a long trip of 325 km, fully loaded, driven very sedately and hardly ever touching 100, was 16.5kmpl.
BHPian ImranHyd recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
4200 km update:
It has been around 75 days since I got my Kia Carens diesel automatic (Aurora Black).
- Engine is butter smooth. NVH levels are low. Difficult to observe when the gear changes except while climbing up on Cruise control when RPM shoots up.
- Seating is spacious. For a family where no one is > 5’6″, it is the ideal car.
- Ingress and egress for elderly is not bad.
- I was initially driving on Eco mode but when I started using Normal mode, I never went back to Eco mode again. Never tried Sports mode though.
- People do observe the car on roads.
- Enough luggage space.
- There is a huge difference between fuel efficiency displayed on MID vs actual mileage using tankfull-to-tankfull method. The difference observed is from 2.5 to 4 kmpl.
- The best fuel efficiency I could extract on a long trip ~ 325 km, fully loaded, driven very sedately and hardly ever touching 100, was 16.5kmpl. When driven in city+highway, which is my daily ride to office, the best I could extract is 14 kmpl. I used to get 19 kmpl from my Vitara Brezza on the same route.
- TPMS is never correct. Even though all the tyres are set to same pressure, TPMS always shows a difference between them.
- Head lights are worst. Haven’t driven yet on highways at night but I dread that day (or night).
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article