5 unique observations on my XUV700 diesel AT after clocking 13000 kms
Everyday, for the first 3-4km of drive (only during the first drive out) I hear this low frequency humming sound coming from the rear, which disappears after 3-4 km drive.
BHPian KishKush recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I have an XUV700 D AT from May ’22 and just clocked 13k km and couldn’t agree more with some of the findings here! Frankly, I have learned to live with the software glitches and all other “common” inherent problems and hoping one fine day, all these will be resolved. Few of my observations below, which for now at least, I don’t see many reporting out:
- I find the subwoofer setting in equalizer absolutely useless, have tried a wide range of music and it really doesn’t make any difference to the listening experience whether subwoofer is at – or + extreme. I have reported this to Mahindra but no response yet.
- The doors on RH, they dont close without a considerable ramming. According to service team, with all other doors/windows closed, the last door (in my case driver door) would take more force to close (apparently air pressure built inside is the reason). However, both the doors on LH behave very differently with a smooth/soft closure without much effort. I have checked few other cars and they are better/normal. During my last service, they did some change to the driver door alignment and it is closes much better now, but unfortunately it is visibly offset and misaligned with rear door.
- Got the front suspension lower control arm assembly changed, the “thud” is gone! Ride is incredibly improved and absolutely love it!! The “football is still in the trunk”, and hopefully would disappear eventually after FIFA w/c finals.
- Everyday, for the first 3-4km of drive (only during the first drive out) I hear this low frequency humming sound coming from the rear, which disappears after 3-4 km drive. I have shared the audio with the service center and the response given was out of this world – “it could be dust/mud stuck in the suspension which causes this sound, and suggesting I should get under chassis cleaned”, which I did, but the sound is still there – its like the heartbeat from the womb.
- Most annoying and serious concern is vehicle pulling left even on flat concrete surface at almost all speeds – zero to 100kmph, with the steering in straight position, even when driving at a constant speed on a straight stretch of road. I have been reporting & demonstrating this ever since the delivery of the car. The service team has done extensive test drive, at my cost, and have confirmed the alignment, tyre pressure, steering calibration – everything is as per spec and they left me with an absurd response that “the left or right pulling is normal in “all” cars and as per their SOP, 3 meters pulling or departure from a straight line over 150 meter distance at 60kmph is permissible”. I have moved across 3 lanes within 500m distance on a straight stretch with steering held straight and cruise set at 60kmph! On long drives, I have started experiencing severe pain in the right shoulder as I need to hold the steering at an angle tilted right to keep the car going straight.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article