The S-Class (over the generations) has been known to bring many a world’s first in terms of technology, which then trickles down into the more mass-market vehicles.
Mercedes-Benz S-Class Pros
- The best luxury sedan on sale in India. Period
- Truly next-level technology, its visible everywhere!
- More driver-focused than previous generations; owners will be happy to drive themselves
- Cabin is incredibly opulent & comfy. It’s quite the royal experience!
- Powerful & punchy engines on offer
- Marvelous air suspension offers a plush ride & excellent road manners
- Loaded to the gills with technology, equipment & gizmos
- 5-star safety kit & radar-based systems. Among the safest cars ever built
Mercedes-Benz S-Class Cons
- IMO, its lost some of the classiness & charm as compared to the W222 (outside & inside)
- Pricing (even for CKDs) is going to be noticeably higher than the outgoing generation
- Cost of ownership is only for the ‘money-no-object’ personalities
- Technology overload and lack of buttons means its going to glitch out sometimes. Be prepared for it
- Many of the features we see on this launch edition will be removed in the CKDs
- Large 20″ wheels with low profile tyres are easy to damage. R18 wheels will be better suited to India
- Usable boot space is limited (no wheel well for the spare tyre)
- Reliability concerns over the air suspension & the car’s very complex electronics
Read Team-BHP’s Detailed Mercedes S-Class Review.
Source: Read Full Article