It looks like the company is recording videos prior to the market launch.
Two new, short videos of a white Tesla Semi spotted at the Tesla’s test track behind the Fremont plant in California, emerged today.
According to the description posted by Chris Nguyen, the videos were recorded on March 5, 2021. Unfortunately, there were some issues with the drone so the videos are very short and from a distance.
“I spotted the Tesla Semi on their Test Track behind their factory in Fremont on 3/5/21. The lead car is a Model Y. Sorry for the short video, I was experiencing issues with my drone.”
The car in front of the Semi is a Tesla Model Y. It seems that there is an operator with a rear-facing camera that is recording the Semi.
Tesla Semi specs:
- Acceleration 0-60 mph with 80K lbs load – 20 sec
- Speed up a 5% Grade – 65 mph
- Range – 300 or 500 miles (483 or 804 km)
- Powertrain – 4 Independent Motors on Rear Axles
- Energy Consumption – Less than 2 kWh / mile
- Fuel Savings – $200,000+
- Expected Base Price (300 mile range) – $150,000
- Expected Base Price (500 mile range) – $180,000
- Base Reservation – $20,000
- Expected Founders Series Price – $200,000
- Founders Series Reservation – $200,000 * Prices displayed in USD. International pricing will vary.
Source: Read Full Article