E10 biofuel: Department for Transport explains why it’s ‘better'
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) said E10 could be used in almost all Renault models manufactured since 1997. However, they have also published a list of several models which could not use the new petrol.
The list includes some of the brand’s most popular models including the Megane and Laguna.
The ACEA said: “E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Renault petrol vehicles marketed since 1st January 1997, with the exception of the following models:
- “RENAULT 19
- “Megane 1 with 2,0 l F5R 700 direct-injection petrol engine
- “Megane 1 with 2,0 l F5R 740 direct-injection petrol engine
- “Laguna 2 with 2,0 l F5R 782 direct-injection petrol engine
The ACEA also listed a range of Turbo models manufactured between January 2000 and December 2002 which also could not use the new petrol.
This additional list included vehicles from the Espace and Velsatis model ranges.
Petrol owners using additives after E10 fuel changes issued warning [INSIGHT]
‘Greener’ E10 fuel will have no impact on car tax zones [ANALYSIS]
Drivers left ‘fuming’ as E10 leaves their engine ‘sputtering’ [COMMENT]
The ACEA added: And the following models marketed between 1st January 2000 and 31st December 2002:
- Laguna 2 with 2,0 l F4R 764 Turbo engine
- Laguna 2 with 2,0 l F4R 765 Turbo engine
- Espace 4 with 2,0 l F4R 790 Turbo engine
- Espace 4 with 2,0 l F4R 794 Turbo engine
- Velsatis with 2,0 l F4R 762 Turbo engine
- Velsatis with 2,0 l F4R 763 Turbo engine
- Avantime with 2,0 l F4R 760 Turbo engine
- Avantime with 2,0 l F4R 761 Turbo engine
However, E10 fuel can be used in all of Renault’s sister brand Dacia cars.
According to the ACEA, E10 fuel has been“cleared for use” in all petrol-driven Dacia models meaning owners should not face any issues.
Save 10% on your MOT
It’s Kwik Fits’ Midsommer Madness sale and you can take 10% off your MOT Test with the UK’s #1 MOT tester – just click the link to book online.
Source: Read Full Article