The all-new Genesis GV60 received the top 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP, basically matching the results of its two E-GMP-based cousins: Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6, as well as Genesis GV70 and GV80 models tested last year.
The South Korean premium BEV is especially strong in Adult Occupant and Child Occupant protection – respectively 89% and 87% – as well as in Safety Assist, at 88%. However, there is some room for improvement in its protection of vulnerable road users (63% score).
It’s worth noting that the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 received very similar ratings, which indicate that the results are determined by the capabilities of the E-GMP platform rather than a specific implementation by one of the brands.
All three models are now available in South Korea, Europe, and in the US and, in the coming years, are expected to be joined by a few additional E-GMP models.
Gallery: 2022 Genesis GV60 Euro NCAP Crash Tests
2022 Genesis GV60 Euro NCAP test results:
- Adult Occupant protection – 89 percent
Kia EV6: 90%, Hyundai Ioniq 5: 88%
- Child Occupant protection – 87 percent
Kia EV6: 86%, Hyundai Ioniq 5: 86%
- Vulnerable Road Users protection – 63 percent
Kia EV6: 64%, Hyundai Ioniq 5: 63%
- Safety Assist – 88 percent
Kia EV6: 87%, Hyundai Ioniq 5: 88%
See all details here.
Crash tests include:
- Frontal impact test – 50% of the width of the car is striking an oncoming deformable barrier (both traveling at 50 km/h/31 mph)
- Frontal impact test – the car impacts a rigid full-width barrier at 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Side impact test – a mobile deformable barrier impacts the driver’s door at 60 km/h (37.3 mph)
- Pole test – the tested car is propelled sideways into a rigid pole at 32 km/h (20 mph)
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Flipboard
- Share on Reddit
- Share on WhatsApp
- Send to email
Source: Read Full Article