Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), part of Daimler Trucks, celebrates another milestone of 300 all-electric Fuso eCanter trucks delivered to customers globally.
Small series production of the Fuso eCanter began in 2017 and it’s still more of a pilot program rather than regular sales. Considering that some 200 units were delivered by February 2021, then the last 100 were delivered in less than 9 months – at least the volume is increasing.
According to the manufacturer, the fleet has covered 4 million km (2.5 million miles), which is just over 13,000 km per vehicle on average.
The Fuso eCanter is offered in the U.S., Japan, Europe and most recently also in Australia and New Zealand.
“Customers in sixteen countries and cities such as New York, Tokyo, Berlin, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Dublin, Oslo, Copenhagen, Helsinki and even Auckland trust in the reliable urban delivery truck. More deliveries are set to follow successively.”
According to the numbers, Europe is the top market so far:
- Europe: over 190
- Japan: about 75
- U.S.: over 40
- total over 300
Fuso eCanter specs:
- over 62 miles (100 km) of range
- six high-voltage lithium-ion batteries with each 420 V and 13.8 kWh (82.8 kWh total)*
* some press releases says six 13.5 kWh modules (370 V) for total 81 kWh
- load-bearing capacity of up to 4.5 tons (gross weight of 7.5t)
- permanent magnet electric motor – peak output of 135 kW and 399 Nm (*390 Nm according to new press release)
- 50 mph (80 km/h) top speed
- fast charging in 105 minutes
Source: Read Full Article