A new set of car scrappage schemes are available in the UK for motorists looking to trade in their old motor for a new low emissions vehicle. Manufacturer scrappage schemes are a good opportunity for motorists who have an older vehicle to get a considerable discount of a newer car. There are a number of carmakers offering money for old cars in the UK. Here are all the manufacturers offering discounts and how much you could save.
Mazda is offering between £3,000 and £6,000 saving off the cost of a new car when trading in their old vehicle. They are calling it the Upgrade Plan which will off up to £6,000 off any new Mazda car which produced below 144g/km of CO2 emissions.
To qualify for the deal you must buy and registers a car by September 2019. Your car must have been registered on or before 31st December 2010 and is available for both petrol and diesel cars. The biggest discount is off the Mazda MX-5 which gets the full £6,000.
How much you can get off a new car when ‘upgrading’ with Mazda:
- Mazda2 – £3,000
- Mazda6 Petrol – £5,000
- Mazda6 Diesel – £6,000
- Mazda CX-3 – £3,000
- Mazda CX-5 – £4,000
- Mazda MX-5 – £3,000
Drivers can secure a discount of up to £2,500 off a brand new Sportage, Stonic, Venage or Picanto when trading in an old car.
Cars being traded-in must be seven years old or older and registered on or before 31.06.2012 and owned by the customer for at least three months prior to the new vehicle’s order date.
You’ll also need to register the carry 30th September 2019.
- Picanto – £2,000
- Sportage – £2,500
- Stonic -£2,500
- Venage – £2,500
The car’s swap page scheme gives you £2,000 off the cost of a new MG 3. To get the discount you must have a car or van which is in good working order, originally registered on or before 30/09/2012.
It must have also bee owned by the customer doe a minimum of three months prior to the new car date.
The deal applies to all new cars ordered and registered between 1st July 2019 to 30th September 2019.
You can get an additional £500 if you part change an old MG.
If your vehicle was registered before the 1st October 2011 and you have owned it for over 6 months, you could be eligible for the Toyota Scrappage Scheme.
There is a discount of up to £2,000 scrappage saving available on the AYGO while you can save £2,500 on Yaris ranges (excluding Hybrid)
You can get between £1,000 and £3,000 with the new Renault scrappage scheme.
You must trade-in a motor that was registered on or before 31st March 2012 and have owned it for 90 days or more.
In addition to the £2,000 off a Zoe, you can also get an additional £1,000 off a Zoo if you register it this July.
- ZOE – £2,000
- CLIO – £2,000
- CAPTUR – £2,000
- KADJAR – £3,000
- KOLEOS – £1,000
- MEGANE and MEGANE Sport Tourer – £1,000
- SCENIC and Grand SCENIC – £1,000
- TWINGO – £1,500
If you own a car which was registered before 1st October 2011, you could trade it in and save between £300 and £4,000 off a new Hyundai.
Your car will be eligible if it was registered before 1st October 2011 and you have owned it for more than 90 days.
The most polluting cars, those with Euro 1-3 emissions standard, will be scrapped and completely removed from UK roads, those that are Euro 4-5 can be traded in.
All-new Hyundai cars must be registered no later than 30th September 2019.
- i10: All Models Except Go! SE or PLAY – £2,000
- i10 PLAY: PLAY Models Only – £650
- i20: All Models Except PLAY – £2,200 plus £500 off when you test drive and buy ^
- i20 PLAY: PLAY Models Only – £300 plus £500 off when you test drive and buy ^
- ix20: All Models – £1,800.00
- i30: 5 door, Tourer and Fastback – £4,000
- i30 N Line 5 door – £3,000
- i40: All Models – £2,700
- IONIQ: Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid only – £2,500
- Kona: All Non-electric Models – £2,500
- New Tucson: All Models Except N Line – £3,500
- New Generation Santa Fe: All Models – £4,000
Vauxhall is offering the second-highest scrappage scheme discount of up to £5,650. The deal applies to vehicles over seven years old and is registered to you.
However, the deal where you get up to £5,7000 is when you scrap your old car with Drive and upgrade to a brand new Vauxhall with Vauxhall Finance (6.5% APR Representative).
Otherwise, if you scrap the car you will receive a minimum of £4,000.
- Vauxhall VIVA: SE, SE A/C, Rocks – £4,000
- Vauxhall Astra(Petrol): Energy, SRi, SRi Nav, SRi VX-Line, SRi VX-Line Nav, SE, Elite, Elite Nav, Ultimate – £4,000
- Vauxhall Astra (Diesel): Energy, SRi, SRi Nav, SRi VX-Line, SRi VX-Line Nav, SE – £5,650
- Vauxhall Astra (Diesel): Elite, Elite Nav, Ultimate – £5,150
- Vauxhall Crossland X: SE, SE Nav, Design Line, Elite, Elite Nav, Ultimate – £4,000
- Vauxhall Mokka X: Active (19″ Alloys) – £5,700
- Vauxhall Mokka X: Active (Standard Alloys) – £5,200
- Vauxhall Mokka X: Design Line, Elite, Elite Nav, Ultimate – £4,200
- Vauxhall Grandland X (Petrol): Sri NAV, SE, Design Line, Elite Nav, Ultimate, Sport Nav – £4,000
- Vauxhall Grandland X (Diesel): Sri NAV, SE, Design Line, Elite Nav, Ultimate, Sport Nav – £4,625
Ford has also launched a new scrappage scheme offering a £2,00 discount off new cars. The discount is applicable to new KA+, Mustang, Fiesta Trend, Fiesta ST, Fiesta ST Performance, Focus ST and all Zetec series across the range.
In addition to this, there is also money off commercial vehicles – the Transit Connect and Ranger Raptor.
To qualify for the deal you must trade in any car or commercial vehicle that was first registered before 1 January 2013, and you contract a new vehicle between 1 July – 30 September 2019 and register by 31 December 2019.
Much like some of the other deals, you must have owned the car for at least 90 days before you trade it in.
Source: Read Full Article