Kia’s Seltos, a small, affordable SUV — and the reigning winner in our comparison of the class — is getting a modest but important update for the 2022 model year. Advanced safety technology is now standard on all trim levels; this includes automatic forward emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, lane-centering steering and automatic high beams. For 2021, the Seltos did not offer these features on the base model, called the LX.
Related: What’s the Best Affordable Small SUV?
The newly standard safety tech might increase the Seltos LX’s appeal to safety-minded shoppers, but Kia also created a new Nightfall Edition trim for those interested in the popular blacked-out aesthetic. Taking the place of the S Turbo in the Seltos lineup, the Nightfall Edition gets a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, matte-black 18-inch wheels, a black grille and what Kia calls “rugged” roof rails and side sills.
Seltos S models now come with a 10.25-inch touchscreen display that was previously only available on the SX; they also gain automatic climate control and remote start. Also new for 2022 is a Plum interior color scheme for the SX, which gets a flat-bottom steering wheel as well.
Features aren’t the only changes to the 2022 Seltos, as the updates accompany corresponding price increases for almost every trim level. All prices below include a destination fee of $1,175, which hasn’t changed from the previous model year. The LX, S and EX are all powered by a 146-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, while the Nightfall and SX have the turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder, which makes 175 hp.
- 2022 Seltos LX AWD: $23,665 ($500 increase)
- 2022 Seltos S FWD: $23,865 ($700 increase)
- 2022 Seltos S AWD: $25,365 ($600 increase)
- 2022 Seltos EX AWD: $26,965 ($400 increase)
- 2022 Seltos Nightfall Edition AWD: $27,865 ($1,100 increase over 2021 S Turbo AWD)
- 2022 Seltos SX AWD: $29,165 (no increase)
More From Cars.com:
- Why the 2021 Kia Seltos Is the Best Affordable Small SUV
- Here Are the 10 Cheapest New SUVs You Can Buy Right Now
- Here’s Every Car That Earned an IIHS Top Safety Award for 2021
- Latest Kia Recall Addresses Fire Risk in Seltos, Soul
- How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2021 Kia Seltos?
Related Video: 2021 Kia Seltos: Review
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article