On our First Drive of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, we took the all-new three-row family SUV to Idaho — far from the highfalutin oceanside enclave in Southern California for which it’s named — for on- and off-road testing. Despite the Palisade sharing a platform with the also-all-new-for-2020 Kia Telluride, Cars.com reviewer Brian Wong found plenty to differentiate the Hyundai from its Kia kin. But if wild popularity can be counted as an ancestral trait, then the family resemblance between the two is uncanny as the Palisade follows the Telluride’s recent pattern of dominating our weekly list of most popular news stories.
Related: 2020 Hyundai Palisade: Everything You Need to Know
“Underneath, the two have the same powertrain, the same chassis and a lot of the same body structure,” Wong explains in our Palisade First Drive video, which takes the No. 1 spot this week. “However, everything that you see and touch is different on the Palisade than on the Telluride; the exterior styling, the interior materials and the dashboard layout are all different. The Palisade also comes with a few unique features that might give it a leg up on the Telluride.”
The Palisade’s popularity among Cars.com readers doesn’t end there. The SUV also led our weekly roundup of the top five expert reviews and videos to the No. 3 spot on this week’s list. Making a strong play for the top slot but settling for second place, meanwhile, was our comprehensive roundup of news and reviews constituting everything you need to know about the ostentatiously updated 2019 Acura RDX.
Rounding out the top five are our rundown of all the things we like (and those we don’t particularly care for) about the 2019 Mazda3 sedan and hatchback at No. 4, and our test of the real-world gas mileage of the redesigned 2020 Ford Explorer in fifth place.
So much car news, so little time … but we’ve taken the liberty of skimming the cream that rose to the top for your perusing pleasure. Here are the top 10 news stories Cars.com readers couldn’t get enough of in the past week:
1. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Video: A Clean, Modern, Comfortable Ride
2. 2019 Acura RDX: Everything You Need to Know
3. Top 5 Reviews and Videos of the Week: 2020 Hyundai Palisade Stands Out
4. 2019 Mazda3: 10 Things We Like (and 7 Not So Much)
5. 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid: Real-World Fuel Economy
6. 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid: 8 Things We Like and 5 Things We Don’t
7. For National Stick Shift Day, Polaris Slingshot Offers Free Driving Lesson
8. Want to Buy a Car After the Fourth of July 2019? Check This Out
9. All the Pickup Truck News: 2020 Silverado HD Towing, F-250 Tremor, Ranger Crash Tests and Ram Dakota
10. Recall Recap: The 5 Biggest Recalls in June 2019
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article