Reviews and recalls. Those are the two major themes running through this week’s roster of the most popular Cars.com news stories. And it should come as a surprise to no one that all the way atop that list, once again, is the wildly popular 2020 Kia Telluride — a name that has dominated Cars.com reader interest in recent months. This week, that dominance comes courtesy of our expert review of the all-new mid-size SUV, which climbed to the No. 1 spot not just here but on our weekly list of our top five car reviews.
Related: 10 Biggest News Stories of the Month: Kia Telluride Takes Aim at American-Made Index
Reviews, in one form or another, occupy a full half of this week’s top 10 articles. At No. 4 is a quick-hit rundown of three things we like — and as many that we were not quite crazy about — with regard to the refreshed-for-2019 Kia Sorento. Meanwhile, a ranking of our 10 most popular car reviews of the 2019 model year lands at No. 5, our video review of the 2019 Kia Optima at No. 7 and our Quick Spin critique of the 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line at No. 9.
Recalls also drew a lot of eyes this week — be they owners of affected vehicles trying to find out what’s wrong with their car and how to get it fixed, or the internet equivalent of traffic-accident rubberneckers — accounting for nearly a third of the top 10. These were led by a recall of more than 262,000 model-year 2018-19 Mazda CX-5 SUVs, Mazda6 sedans and Mazda3 hatchbacks and sedans for a problem that could cause the engine to stall. A recall of the 2019 Subaru Legacy sedan and Outback wagon occupies eighth place, and one for the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class SUV is in 10th.
And if you’re shopping for a new car or SUV, you’ll definitely want to check out all the rest. Here are the top 10 news stories Cars.com readers couldn’t get enough of in the past week:
1. Top 5 Reviews and Videos of the Week: Telluride Still on Top
2. 2018-2019 Mazda CX-5, Mazda3, Mazda6: Recall Alert
3. 2020 Buick Enclave Steps Up Its Game to Face Hyundai Palisade, Kia Telluride
4. 2019 Kia Sorento: 3 Things We Like, 3 We Don’t
5. Top 10 Car Reviews of 2019: SUVs Aim to Please, But Honda Clarity Is Clear Fave
6. What’s the Best New-Car Deal for July 2019?
7. Can the 2019 Kia Optima Compete in the Mid-Size Sedan Class?
8. 2019 Subaru Legacy, Outback: Recall Alert
9. 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line Quick Spin: Looks Can Be Deceiving
10. 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class: Recall Alert
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article